PULSES: A Comprehensive Review of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
A review by Clinical TMS Society members for Clinicians, Nurses, Technicians & Researchers
We are excited to announce the Clinical TMS Society will be offering an in-depth PULSES course in Ann Arbor, Michigan on October 27 - 29, 2023!
This in-depth training course features over 14 hours of lectures from a renowned faculty of TMS clinicians, engineers, researchers and special guests. PULSES offers a certificate of completion and over 3 hours of hands-on training delivered by the PULSES faculty. Attendees will receive current, historical, and practical knowledge for treating patients with TMS based on the best evidence.
The program includes:
- A new two track system with some new lectures developed specifically for prescribers, nurses, and technicians;
- An introduction to the history of and basic scientific principles of TMS by Professor Anthony Barker, who designed the first-ever TMS machine in 1985;
- A review of the clinical studies that serve as the foundation for treatment of TMS for depression, as well as clinically applicable research and current important studies;
- Four lectures on the practical administration of TMS for patients, including practice setup to patient dosing, scheduling, and management;
- A review of protocols for TMS: high frequency, theta-burst, low frequency, bilateral, alternative brain targets, rescue treatment, maintenance treatment;
- A revised lecture on TMS risk and their prevention and management, including seizure protocol review;
- Hands-on training on coil location placement & motor threshold determination with multiple TMS devices;
- A review of promising indications beyond depression, including, obsessive compulsive disorder, smoking cessation, migraine, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and pain; and
- An extended Q & A Panel with all PULSES faculty and special guests.
After completion of the course, the clinician will have obtained a historical, current, and practical knowledge of the scientific basis for treating psychiatric patients with TMS.
Attendees will also have the ability to participate in an interactive Q&A Panel with Pulses faculty. Those who complete the course are awarded a certificate of completion.